SW100RS Mrs. Seven
Salita Dinegro 7/1
16123 Genoa Italy
Tel. +39 010 570 4035
Between 2006-2007, the Southern Wind 100 quickly became the most sought after 100-foot sailing yacht and remarkably, six yachts were delivered in this short time. Having already been proven as a fast and versatile performance cruiser, Southern Wind and their partners at Farr and Nauta Design sought to further develop the regatta potential of the SW100 and Mrs. Seven is the result. With an increased righting moment compared to the 100DS models, Mrs. Seven is the first Raised Saloon (RS) version and this reengineered and redesigned evolution of the SW100 has introduced a sleeker, more modern deck profile while increasing the feeling of volume and space in the saloon.
On deck, she features the classic two cockpit arrangement where the central area is out of the action and a comfortable place for guests to relax and take meals around the dining table. The aft cockpit contains the helm positions and sailing controls while also providing access to the crew area.
Down below, Mrs. Seven features a spacious four-cabin arrangement, accommodating up to eight guests. Master cabin is forward with VIP cabin and the studio lounge located forward of the saloon. The main saloon features a comfortable seating area to starboard and eight-seat dining table to port.
Moving aft down the short staircase, two additional Ensuite guest cabins are located. The crew occupy the after quarters comprised of two crew cabins, nav station, galley and crew mess.
In winter 2015-2016 Mrs. Seven underwent refit works including the stern modification, widening approx. 50 cm, managed by TriMarine composite specialist on the concept realized by FARR Yacht design, Felci Yacht design and Southern Wind Shipyard.
The refit included the following works:
· Transom modification with new modern design
· Complete fairing and painting of the hull, deck and superstructure in Awlcraft Matterhorn white
· Full mast & rigging service with NDT of mast tube, boom and spreaders
· Repainting of mast, boom and spreaders in white Awlgrip
· Standing rigging replaced with new ECsix (side rigging, head stay, inner forestay, backstay)
· Bamar jib furler complete overhaul (staysail furler serviced in 2014)
· New deck upholstery and new bimini and covers
· Major overhaul of engine and generators
· AirCon system, new motors in fan coils, all new pumps
· Fire pumps replacement
· Anchor arm motor overhaul (APM)
· Electronic systems upgrade including new displays and communications
· All floorboards refinished
· Upgrading and painting in showers and heads
· New cockpit cushions and covers
· All deck lockers (Forepeak, lazarette, anchor locker) repainted
· New upholstery in saloon
· All new deck canvas
Mrs. Seven is currently lying in Monfalcone, Italy and available to visit by appointment