Howlett 70 Aerorig
Tel: Mobile: +44 (0)7988 763254
*** Central Agents ***
*** Over 200 further photographs available on request ***
With only her second owner since she was launched new in 1991 FLY has proved to be ideally suited to short-handed offshore and blue water cruising in extreme comfort. She has completed several transatlantic crossings, two single-handed. The unique rig design and powerful propulsion and thruster system facilitate exceptionally easy manoeuvring in close quarters; the owner often day sailing in and out of marinas with no assistance berthing.
Built to an exceptionally high standard when new there was a focus on reliability and redundancy of systems from the start; this attention to detail has been maintained throughout her life. All major systems being fully backed up with secondary independent systems. Constantly maintained and upgraded in recent years her inventory highlights include:
• Carbospars Aerorig
• MTU-Mercedes main engine removed and overhauled 2017/18
• Nanni auxiliary engine with cassette generator and hydraulic pump fitted new 2001
• Northern Lights 4.5kw, 1500rpm generator fitted new 2010
• A total of 7 onboard fuel tanks with integrated fuel ‘scrubbing’/transfer system
• Hydraulic bowthruster, providing emergency forward propulsion at 5kts
• Hiduron bronze sterngear, cutlass bearings replaced 2018.
• Dual independent steering systems
• Dual independent Autopilot systems
• Extensive onboard 24VDC battery systems all replaced with new batteries in 2018.
• Multiple charging systems onboard and shore power.
• Independent hot water systems for forward and aft ends of accommodation
• Black water holding tanks.
• B&G Instrumentation, including Zeus III plotters, 4G Radar, Triton displays and dual autopilots installed new 2019.
• Iridium Satphone, installed new 2019.
• Grunert refrigerator and freezer, 230VAC with eutectic holding plates.
• LED lighting throughout interior.
• Numerous custom made carbon fibre fittings, including doghouse, boarding ladder, cockpit table etc.
• Galvanised cradle available as part of sale.
A true mini-super yacht with her self-sufficient onboard systems; all with built-in redundancy she is ideally suited to cruising independently in remoter regions of the world. A real blue water expedition yacht. Lying afloat and in commission in Scotland.