Black Pepper Code 2
Lead broker - Alex Grabau
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
** Note LOA including bowsprit is approx 20.50m **
The flagship of the Black Pepper fleet, the Code 2 is the result of a design collaboration between Marc Lombard and Armel Tripon (winner of Route de Rhum multihull and an IMOCA 60 racer) to design an IMOCA 60 inspired offshore speed machine equally at home racing as she is to very fast cruising. Constructed in full carbon fibre with Axxon carbon rig, twin rudders, centreboard and water ballast, she is perfectly configured for racing and cruising duties on both sides of the Atlantic.
Recently passed in to her second private ownership and renamed ARARA (she was formerly named BLACK LEGEND 3), she was comprehensively surveyed and refitted by the original builder in 2019, with all advisories attended to within the refit, ARARA represents a very rare opportunity to acquire what would almost certainly be the ultimate ARC line-honours boat, as well as fitting very neatly in the middle of the Mini Maxi class. With impending remeasurements for ORC, IRC, PHRF and CSA racing, as well as custom polars from Sailing Performance she should also be race-ready out of the box for 2019 adventures.
Specification highlights include:-
· Full carbon construction
· Centreboard keel with 1.70m to 4.60m draft
· 1,500 litre water ballast tanks to port and starboard
· Axxon carbon rig
· Harken winch package with powered winches
· Sea Recovery Ultra Whisper III Watermaker rated to 60 liters/hour - 2019
· 2x Watt&Sea aluminium racing hydrogenerators rated for 600W output - 2019
· Full B&G H5000 instrument package with 3x Zeus plotters
· Nav station computer running Expedition and Adrena
· Sailmon system with colour mast repeaters
· Newly fitted satellite and WiFi communications package
· Full North and Doyle 3Di sail wardrobe
· Tender garage
· 3- cabin, 2-heads interior layout plus crew in forepeak
· Rebuilt bowsprit for extra strength
· New Lewmar bowthruster
· New Yanmar 4JH4-HTE Euro RCD / Tier 3 compliant engine with redesigned exhaust system
OCTOBER 2018 SURVEY CONCLUSIONS (PRE-REFIT):
“Black Legend 3 (now ARARA) is a Code 2 yacht made by Black Pepper Yacht and designed by Marc Lombard using a Imoca hull shape and construction system. Built in 2016, this daggerboard yacht, has been very well finished compared to other yacht standards. The boat has an ultralight displacement and modern interior.
At 2 years old, she has been used regularly for racing and cruising with already 2 Atlantic crossings. The boat has been aesthetically well maintained and is moderately equipped in systems, so is easy to understand and use. The deck and sail equipment is top quality.
This survey found the evidence of small and minor defects, very common on used boat. The engine and the system are working properly. The boat can sail with no limits. It’s a special opportunity on the market.”
** Note – Following this survey report, ARARA was sailed back to Nantes and has undergone a winter 2018/19 refit to upgrade her systems and rectify any minor defects found during the survey. **