Baltic Yachts 66
Lead broker - Alex Grabau
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
Baltic 66 is part of a line of semi custom, high-tech craft destined to dominate the fast cruiser scene over the coming years.
The B66 is suitable for family cruising and at the same time, it offers great competitive ability; like many recent projects, it is a state-of-the-art craft that will offer matchless performance.
If the standard model envisaged construction of the hull and deck in cutting-edge composites, using sandwich laminates on an epoxy matrix, for this model, technology has gone even further, using a special, advanced press for all lamination work. The bulkheads and panels of the structural interiors will be built using this press, with sandwich laminates veneered with wood. This type of production means a significant reduction in weight compared to the classical method. Baltic Yachts is the only boatyard to use this technique. There will be an increase in draught from 3.6 to 3.8 m, which means that the keel bulb can be made lighter but at the same time, stability will be increased. As far as the interior layout and style are concerned, the owner has opted for a modern, clean-cut look with painted panels in place of wood. This choice has also meant a reduction in weight, so the boat offers even better performance.
From an aesthetic viewpoint, the interiors are linear, modern and show great taste. The craft was built “to size” and is suitable for the weather conditions in the Mediterranean. R. Vrolijk, decided to increase sail area which, in addition to the light displacement and greater stability, will add to the boat’s performance, above all in light wind conditions. The project is a result of the combined skills of Vismara Yacht Design, Ciappini interiors and R&J Design.
2015 Refit highlights:
• Teak deck: polishing, replacement of all skylights frames, restored seams and caps of teak
• Replacing all the struts of skylights, Peak and garage doors
• Maintenance of the companionway entry surrounds
• Overhaul of all the winches and motors. New motor for halyard winch. New buttons in all.
• Overhaul of Sanguinetti bow capstan
• Teak deck maintenance
• Stern flaps hinges, garage and new catwalk;
• Repainted the side of the deck
• New spray hood
• Fitment of bowthruster
• Overhaul of running rigging
• Cleaning the fuel tank
• Overhaul of all pumps
• New seacocks - eliminated unnecessary, added inspection doors
• New rubber Volvo shaft seals and propeller shaft
• Engine overhaul
• Two new generators
• Overhaul water maker
• New home automation system with tablets and smartphones
• 10 new batteries for services
• Wrapping topsides in silver.