Dufour 40 SP GTE
Tel: +44 (0)7979 907210
With just two owners since new, the Portuguese-flagged SUPER ACOR was delivered to her first owner for light cruising around the Azores. After 18 months, she was sold to her current owner who has used for cruising and club racing in and around Lisbon. As one of just a few SP GTE versions of the Dufour 40 Performance, SUPER ACOR has proven to be highly competitive, winning the Portuguese ORC Championship in; 2011, 2013, 2017 and 2019 in the ORC 610 Division. Whilst she has enjoyed great racing successes, she has been lovingly maintained to exacting standards, being kept ashore every year between November and January when she has been re-antifouled with International antifouling (the antifouling was stripped back in 2019), the hull is polished, the engine serviced and the rudder removed each year for servicing. The keel was removed in 2017 for checking and a new mast and standing rigging added in August 2017, which were supplied by Dufour Yachts Portugal.
The Dufour 40 SP GTE was built in very small numbers (approx. 10 or 12 as we understand) with an uplift in cost of approx. 20% over the standard Dufour 40 Performance. The 40 SP GTE has proven to be a formidable racer with a sistership winning the IMS 670 class in 2005.
SUPER ACOR benefits from a substantial sail wardrobe of both cruising Dacron sails and carbon race sails of different weights and dating from between 2016 – 2020. For easily managed cruising, she has a mainsail stackpack and lazyjack system plus the option of the currently used tuff luff which can be changed over to a Facnor roller furler (included) for cruising. Whilst she has been optimised for performance racing or fast cruising, SUPER ACOR also boasts a very comfortable 3-cabin, 1-heads (with an electric flush marine heads) interior layout.
SUPER ACOR is now offered for sale as her owner has decided to go larger.
Her specification highlights include:
· Volvo Penta D-40 4-cylinder inboard diesel engine serviced in January 2020.
· Saildrive gearbox with Gori 2-blade folding propeller.
· Popular 3-cabin 1-heads interior layout.
· No teak deck for reduced maintenance.
· Four times Portuguese ORC 610 Division Champion winning boat.
· Replaced Mast.
· Replaced standing rigging.
· Replaced batteries.
· Raymarine electronics.
· AIS receiver and transponder.
· Regularly maintained being out of the water for 3-month each year.
· Extensive racing and cruising sail wardrobe.
· Harken winches and other deck gear.
· Tuff luff and roller furler for the headsail.
· Mainsail stackpack with lazy jacks.
· Electric flush heads.
· Gas stove and oven.
· Electric anchor windlass.
· Replaced sleeping cabin upholstery.
· LED navigation lights.
· Cockpit shower.