Swan 68-004 Explotadot
Tel. +377 97 97 95 07
Swan 68-004 Explotadot was originally launched in 1993 as ‘Solleone’ for the chairman of Nautor’s Swan. She was the first Swan 68 to feature four guest cabins with a galley forward arrangement, allowing greater separation from guests and crew. In 2000, she was sold to her second owner and relocated to the Baltic Sea under the name ‘Cygnus Montanus’. In 2004, her third owner moved her to the south of Italy under the name ‘Cardillo Forever’ and made the first major refit in 2006/2007 where many systems were upgraded and a new bow-thruster installed. In 2013, she was sold to her current owner and spent the majority of 2014 undergoing a complete refit in Genoa.
In 2019, the boat made a new refit in order to be prepared to cross the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean.
Some highlights of the new refit include:
• New freezer and fridge system. We changed the old one for a new 24v system:
• Frigomatic Paris 35F 12/24v, and evaporator 130H R134a N.T.
• Dometic Cold Machine 85, and Serie 80 evaporator VD-15
• Dometic Cold Machine 95, and Serie 90 evaporator VD-16
• New Air Conditioning system. Changed the old system for a 3 new Dometic kit.
• Dometic MCS T12 (12.000 BTU/H)
• Dometic MCS T16 (16.000 BTU/H)
• Dometic MCS T16 (16.000 BTU/H)
• Total: 44.000 BTU/H
• New Water Maker. Changed the old HRO System for a modern one.
• HRO Parker Seafari, 1.800-2/285 l/h, 220v
In addition, we did a refit in the engine room which consist in:
• Main engine: Amendment of the Perkin 180 hp.
• Generator: Amendment of the Kohler Diesel 20Kw
We changed the old hoses and pipes for new ones, new LED illumination and a new fire extinguisher system. Other jobs:
• New 2 batterie packs: total 810 Ah
• Maintenance of all 10 seacocks
• New Ocean Chef 3 cooker (GN Space Galley)
• New ICM for the Tracphone V3IP
• New fenders, 6 new Fend equip: Maxi Stow HD inflatable fender (100 x 30cm) heavy duty
• New spray hood, main cover, exterior cushions cover
• New Elvstrom Cruising Asymmetric: 317m2, with an Oxley 80x54 snuff
• New 100m chain Galv. 12mm Cal-TP36
• New Life raft, Lalizas SOLAS A (8 people)
HULL & APPENDAGES
The hull is of single skin construction using glass/aramid hybrid fibre reinforced polyester laminate. A high proportion of the fibres are unidirectional, giving a stiff laminate with excellent strength and fatigue properties. Structural bulkheads are of plywood laminated to hull and deck with foam strips between. Stiffener flanges are unidirectional lay-ups over foam cores. Engine beds are of GRP with steel inserts. Mast is stepped through the deck onto a galvanized steel mast step
• White Awlgrip snow white hull with blue cove and stripes,
• Hull and Deck was painted on 2014
• 68-004 was built with an extended transom giving a length of: 21.77,
• Transom open transom door for swimming vas installed on 2014
Rudder is foam filled GRP with high strength stainless steel stock, supported by two roller bearings
Cable steering gear sheaves provided with guards to prevent jamming. Aluminum steering quadrant bolted to rudderstock. 70" recessed destroyer type wheel with elk hide cover, 1.4 turns H.O. to H.O.
Pedestal with roller bearings and friction brake. Emergency tiller stowed in lazarette.
Deck is of GRP sandwich construction with foam core, and glued and through-bolted to the hull.
High density core under the deck fittings
Coaming and coach roof are painted white using Awlgrip paint system in 2014
New flush deck hatches in 2014
New 12mm teak deck in 2014
Lofrans Titan electric windlass recessed in locker with remote control, drain and hand pump for chain box
1 CQR anchor 75 Ib.
New 100m chain Galv. 12mm Cal-TP36
Spare Danforth 27 kg anchor
Stainless steel TV antenna post aft deck starboard side
Outboard mounting bracket
Bowsprit for Gennaker
Pulpit with seat, stainless lifelines, gates in lifelines and in pushpit.
Seawater deck wash
Fresh-water hot & cold, deck shower
Stowage of three aluminium LPG bottles in self-draining locker under helmsman's seat.
Harken five function hydraulic power pack
· Primary 2 x 1100/3 STA hydraulic
· Secondary 2 x 980/3 STA hydraulic
· Main Halyard 1 x 66/2 STA hydraulic
· Traveller 2 X 42/2 STA
· Halyards 2 x 66/2 STA
· Mainsheet 1 x 70/3 STC Electric New 2014
· Halyards/Reef 2 x 56/2 STA
· Foreguy 1 x 46/2 STA
• Roller bearing deck blocks for halyards and slab reefing at mast partners.
• Aluminium genoa sheet tracks with recirculating ball bearing cars.
• Aluminium staysail sheet tracks with recirculating ball bearing cars.
• Aluminium main sheet traveller with recirculating ball bearing car
• Deck gear by Harken, reconditioned on 2014
All joinery work is done in accordance with the best yacht practice, using first-grade materials.
Teak with hand rubbed satin finish is used for all visible woodwork.
Floorboards with laid teak veneer, providing access to the bilge.
Quick pins provided for lifting the floorboards.
Topsides where visible lined with teak battens.
Roller blinds/mosquito screens for hinged deck hatches new on 2014
Cabinets, tables, bureaus, seats, dressers etc. have rounded corners.
Doors, partitions and paneling throughout are teak-faced plywood.
Door sills have stainless steel chafing pieces.
Self-engaging latches with bumpers to hold doors in open position.
Hanging lockers are equipped with rods and hooks and have bottom drawers where possible, and their doors are provided with louvers for ventilation
Drawers are secured with latches.
Wooden companionway ladders with non-slip steps
Overhead LED lighting throughout yacht
Reading lamps at each berth
Red nightlights throughout
Forward Cabin (Crew Cabin)
• Access from galley,
• Fixed wooden berth to starboard with Pullman berth above,
• Work bench and sail stowage to port.
• Crew head/shower forward with lockers, mirrors and sink.
Forward Amidships Cabin (Guest Cabin)
Guest cabin port side forward of saloon (door from the saloon) with berth outboard and a folding Pullman berth above. Mirror on bulkhead, lockers; private ensuite head / shower area, mirrors, storage lockers and vacuum WC
Aft Port Cabin (Guest Cabin)
Fixed lower double berth with Pullman berth above,
writing desk, storage lockers,
ensuite head/shower with vacuflush toilet, sink, mirrors and storage lockers
Aft Starboard (Guest Cabin)
Fixed lower berth with Pullman berth above, storage lockers
Ensuite head/shower with vacuflush toilet, sink, mirrors, and storage lockers
Aft Cabin (Owner’s Cabin)
Owner’s cabin aft with large centre-line double berth,
Desk / vanity unit port side,
Settee to starboard, large hanging lockers,
Ensuite head forward to port with white Corian surfaces, Vacuflush toilet
Perspex door to separate shower stall with teak grating.
Mirrors, heated towel rack and storage lockers
L-shaped settee on port side, with dining table;
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; color: #595959; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: nor
Palma de Mallorca, Spain