Tel: +34 675 236 174
Arguably the boat that started the current trend for composite performance cruising catamarans. Real world proof that you can have your cake and eat it. Sculpted in carbon and Kevlar to designs by Morrelli & Melvin and the very last to be launched from a run of 6 built between 2004 & 2009, SPIRIT OF AFRICA has benefitted from just one caring private owner since new.
Much updated over the earlier builds, SPIRIT OF AFRICA represents arguably the most effective way to cover ground quickly and in total comfort. With fanatical attention to detail and weight-saving, Gunboat 48’s are easily capable of upwards of 400Nm per day in ideal conditions.
Fitted out for low-carbon footprint effortless long-distance cruising, SPIRIT OF AFRICA boasts many inventory highlights including:-
· Carbon & Kevlar hull construction with epoxy foam sandwich and Nomex aramid honeycomb
· 3-cabin, 3-heads interior layout with fantastic owner’s cabin aft and VIP cabins forward.
· Twin 40hp Lombardini engines
· Integrated twin bowthrusters and stern thruster with joystick boat control
· Carbon daggerboards with 0.60m-2.20m draft
· Retractable carbon fibre rudders
· Twin autopilot systems
· B&G navigation system with plotter, HD radar, AIS and night-vision top-mast camera
· Iridium satellite phone
· SSB radio with HF mail system
· Lewmar Electric winches
· Harken deck gear
· Facnor continuous line jib furler and self-tacking jib system
· Harken low-friction battencars for fully-battened mainsail
· Marstrom carbon spars with Aramid standing rigging for reduced weight aloft
· North 3Di Mainsail and jib
· Furling Code Zero and Spinnakers
· Carbon davits with Zodiac console tender and 20hp outboard
· Solar panel bank with 10 x 160W panels
· Lithium-Ion service batteries
· Empirbus DC switching system
· Victron inverter
· DC watermaker with 80lph output
· Diesel fired heating and DC ventilation fans
· Fridges and freezers
· Electric heads
Spanish flagged, EU VAT and Spanish matriculation taxes paid, privately used and 100% ready to go.
High-resolution photographs and walk-through videos available on request.