Oyster 885 KARIBU
Mobile: +44 (0)747 6888 639
Oyster 885 KARIBU is an exceptional example of Oysters flagship model. Purchased in 2021 by her current owner, the yacht was entirely refit and re-launched in 2022 with a stunning new livery on show. During the refit no stone was left unturned. KARIBU is absolutely a turnkey option for a prospective buyer. In the knowledge that all onboard systems have been overhauled and attended to KARIBU offers complete peace of mind and certainty. She has New sails, a 4.8m jet tender, new EC6 carbon rigging, hull paint, interior upholstery’s and the latest onboard IT/AV systems to name just a few! Turning heads in the Caribbean this Winter, KARIBU provides four en-suite guest cabins and sleeps 8 in true comfort. She is MCA Cat2 commercially compliant and has already proven exceptionally popular during her first Mediterranean and Caribbean charter seasons. 4 crew members are well accommodated in 2 spacious cabins. Her contemporary interior was beautifully re-designed in 2022 by the multi-award winning interior superyacht stylists Design Unlimited, UK. The yachts vibrant colours and use of luxurious materials truly make Karibu a stand out example in her class. KARIBU is also VAT paid and currently registered in Guernsey, Channel Islands.
2021-22 MAJOR REFIT SUMMARY OF WORKS:
Following the purchase of Karibu by the current owner in May 2021, an extensive refit was undertaken at the STP shipyard, Palma, Mallorca. In excess of €2million was spent overhauling all systems and improving the comfort/interior styling of the yacht:
- Full repaint of the hull in Teale Blue by Snip
- Teak deck fully sanded and re-caulked
- All New canvas work and upholstery externally and internally
- Removal and servicing of all hydraulic components (bow thruster, bathing platform rams, furlers) and deck gear - including captive winches
- Removal and NDT inspection of mast and boom with minor repairs to spreader plates (RSB)
- Removal and servicing of rudders and all steering gear
- Servicing of all engine room components (main engine, generators, air conditioning, water maker and hydraulics)
- Replacement batteries throughout
- New Future Fibre EC6 Carbon standing rigging (replacing rod rigging) BY Rig Pro & Steve Branagh
- New running rigging throughout
- New Mainsail, Genoa, and Storm Jib by Evolution Sails
- Serviced all winches and under deck captive winches
- Upgrade of all nav systems to new B&G throughout
- Replacement helm consoles custom-made for new electronics
- New AV system throughout with additional speakers to aft deck and tender well
- Replacement light fittings to all guest areas
- Extensive refurbishment throughout the interior of the yacht by Design Unlimited, including vinyl wrapping, carpets, mattresses, all fabrics.
- Bespoke timber furniture in the saloon including new bar with wine fridge, Zip hydro tap, ice maker and glass cabinetry.
- Remodelled Navigation station
- Converted 4th cabin into a dedicated double bed guest cabin
- New Williams 435 Jet Tender, 2 x Seabobs
- New Miele washer dryer, new Miele Oven
- New Audio Visual system throughout the yacht
PLEASE NOTE: The above specifications are preliminary and shall be detailed further in May 2023 once Karibu has arrived in Europe. Please ask for further information and clarification.