Baltic Yachts 50
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
SPIRIT is hull no.8 of the semi-custom Bill Tripp designed Baltic 50 performance cruiser range. One of the few with a single-cockpit arrangement, and with all control lines led aft to her cockpit, she holds her own against the very latest designs in the market. Also unusually, SPIRIT is constructed in carbon composite with Corecell sandwich and epoxy resins, creating an extremely light and stiff hull structure.
Delivered to her first owners in 2003, SPIRIT was sailed lightly in Scandinavian waters, always wintered ashore, rig-out and under cover. In 2009, she sailed across the Atlantic to the Caribbean, remaining there for the 2009/10 Caribbean season before being shipped back to Europe and on to Sweden.
Over the winter of 2011/12, and 2012/13 with her owners deciding that SPIRIT would be their ‘forever boat’, she was taken back to the Baltic Yachts shipyard in Finland and subjected to a comprehensive 4,000hr refit costing in excess of Euro 460,000. The refit ‘brief’ was to “rebuild SPIRIT to how you would build her today”. Following her relaunch in 2012, she was sailed lightly again in the Baltic before being brought ashore in the Autumn of 2013 for completion of the refit works and then immediately decommissions and laid up ashore, under cover and with her rig out until 2021.
Purchased by her current (second) owner in July 2021, SPIRIT was then fully recommissioned and further upgraded, although with very little left to do after her Baltic Yachts refit and no usage since, she was still in essentially ‘as new condition’. Having left Scandinavia, SPIRIT was then sailed down to the Mediterranean and to her new home in Sanremo with her owner enjoying 3,000Nm of problem-free, exhilarating cruising. Having fallen very firmly in love with SPIRIT and the ‘Baltic Yachts family’, her owner is now offering her for sale with a plan to move upwards into a larger Baltic.
With Baltic Yachts universally regarded as the very best of composite yacht builders, and with their focus now very firmly towards larger custom builds, SPIRIT represents an unique opportunity to acquire what is arguably one of the finest 50ft performance sloops in the world today.
SPIRIT’s specification highlights include:-
· Carbon fibre construction with epoxy resins and Corecell foam including carbon and Corecell internal bulkheads
· 3-cabin, 2-heads interior layout with offset double berth forward and forepeak heads creating a genuinely usable sea-berth thanks to head adjacent to mast as opposed to in forepeak area.
· Classic teak interior joinery
· Modern single cockpit layout
· Exit Millennium carbon helm wheels
· ‘Zero-houred’ Volvo D2-55hp engine with updated Saildrive gearbox
· Spectra watermaker
· Custom carbon fibre bowsprit designed and fitted at Baltic Yachts
· Practical 3.00m draft bulb keel with stainless steel fin
· Hall Spars carbon fibre mast and boom
· Hall Spars carbon fibre standing rigging
· Harken winch package with electric winches
· New North Sails 3Di mainsail and genoa
· Furling staysail
· Code 0 and A-sails
· B&G Hydra 2000 instrument package with new Zeus plotter
· Sailor Iiridium sat phone (requires contract)
· Sea-water cooled custom refrigeration plus freezer
· Microwave oven
· LCD TV with DVD
· Eberspacher diesel heating
· Tender and Torqeedo electric outboard
2011-13 BALTIC YACHTS REFIT HIGHLIGHTS
· Topsides repainted silver metallic.
· Hull sand blasted and new epoxy + antifouling treatment.
· Teak deck fully refurbished.
· All white on deck and cockpit area repainted (with Awlgrip white).
· Mast and boom painted white.
· Construction of Bow spirit with integrated anchor installed in favour of spinnaker equipment.
· Fitment of carbon standing rigging from Hall Spars.
· Fitment of new electrical Main halyard winch.
· New pulpit.
· All cockpit FFDs changed.
· Deck hatches serviced.
· New anchor windlass.
· Entire interior re-varnished.
· Floorboards re-varnished.
· New leather upholstery in saloon.
· New fabric in all cabins.
· All ceilings new.
· All hinges replaced.
· New electrical toilets.
· New TV and stereo with DVD.
· Cockpit and sailing lockers repainted inside.
· All pumps serviced or replaced.
· Engine out of boat and completely overhauled.
· New Volvo MD 130 S-drive.
· New A2 Gennaker from North.
· New 3Di jib from North.
· Old Gennakers recut to fit bow-spirit.
· Barber hauler for jib sheet installed.
· Clutches upgraded and old ones replaced.
· All running rigging new.
· All canvas new.
· New Exit Engineering Carbon wheels.